DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
Download it from Sourceforge and extract in a folder on your web server. That’s it!
The most important elements you need to know are :
- WEBGETS – conceptually like the well known Widgets : pieces of code which do someting and paint themselves somewere
- VIEWS – directories based packages tree containing at least one XML file per package
- CALLS – like controllers in MVC paradigm. Calls are also referred as RPC inside the framework and can be queried both server side and client side (by using transparent AJAX handshaking)
By downloading the framework you can see the following file structure :
- core – the framework is here
- docs – framework licence, readme’s and documents.
- default – an example project
- documentation – documentation project
The logic is simple : ‘core’ contains the framework and other folders are tipically ‘projects’. New projects can be cloned by the default one.
By entering in a project folder you can see the following structure (structure is not definitive and may change in future versions):
- css – css files
- dbc – database connection configurations
- docs – real documents your application may handle
- images – mmh… peraphs contains images?
- lib – local libraries
- locale – internationalization files
- temp – temporaries
- themes – themes
- vars – variables files like gconf/gbus cache
- views – Views !!!
- config.php – project configuration
- gconf.php – static gconf
- index.php – bootstrapper
ACCESS TO DEFAULT PROJECT
Open a browser and open the URL which point to the extracted folder in your server.